Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Chocolate

When I was a child, I was sure I was adopted because my family was crazy about chocolate, and I didn't much care for it. Destiny is like me, she can take it or leave it. Floyd Michael loves chocolate. The other day when he tried to give me the last brownie and I reminded him I don't really care about them, that he should have it, he shook his head sadly and made some comment about not understanding me at all. He also said it was "unnatural" not to like chocolate. A lot of times, I will tell him that something is just "too chocolatey" for me, to which he always replies that there is no such thing as too much chocolate. Once I asked Floyd Michael if which type of chocolate he preferred, light or dark, and he answered that he liked "cake chocolate". One time when Jason came over he ran into the kitchen all excited when he saw the cake saver on the table. When the lid was lifted to reveal a lemon cake, his face fell and he walked away grumbling about it not being chocolate. He definitely takes after his Grandpa in that! I don't hate chocolate. I just don't love it the way most people do. I think it speaks to my love of my family to note that I bake chocolate about 10:1 versus anything else. Plus, it keeps me from eating too much of what I bake.

No comments:

Post a Comment