Sunday, May 22, 2011

Review: Honeyville Farms Scone Mix

Another weekend purchase. Just for fun.

I was pleasantly surprised at how easy these were to put together. Dissolve yeast in water, add to mix. Let the Kitchen Aid knead it for awhile. Roll out. Rest for 20 minutes. Fry (yes, fry).

One-half of the dough had raisins mixed in (for Floyd Michael). The other half had chocolate chips mixed in (for Jason).

When Jason realized they weren't chocolate chip pancakes (I'm pretty sure he thinks my role in life is to keep him stocked in chocolate chip pancakes), he announced the didn't like scones. No suprise there! When I let him sprinkle a little sugar on top of the warm scones, he decided they might be worth trying. He loved them (chocolate, sugar, fried, um, why not?). He decided next time he spends the night he wants chocolate chip scones AND chocolate chip pancakes. We told him we'd have to rotate, and he seemed okay with that.

They were great. And I was impressed at how fast I was able to have a hot breakfast treat on the table. Definitely something I will want to have while my in-laws are visiting later this summer.

I believe they can be baked, too, and will definitely try that next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment